Join us on Sunday 26 February at The Briars, Mount Martha to celebrate our Green Wedge.
This free and family friendly event brings together music, dance, visual arts, cultural walks, meditation, local craft stall holders and food vendors. Our commitment to protecting this immensely special and priceless region never stops and Celebrate the Green Wedge event highlights that.
There will be a lot of great things to do, including:
- Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony from the BUNURONG LAND COUNCIL
- Musical performances from JALGANY, SUZI, MIETTA and members of the MUSIC INDUSTRY SCHOOL
- A specially developed and choreographed dance performance from the young people at the SOUTHERN SCHOOL OF CREATIVE ARTS
- A cultural walk with LIVING CULTURE through the Briars Wetlands (Booking required)
- Wayapa Wuurrk (an earth connection practice that is based on ancient Indigenous wisdom) delivered by OUR SONGLINES (Booking required)
- A specially created art installation and artist talk with MARYNES AVILA
- Paint out display from PENINSULA PLEIN AIR PAINTERS
- Yummy local food and drink vendors
- Local art and craft market stalls
- A number of local organisations presenting information about their specific connection with the Green Wedge and its significance to the Mornington Peninsula
Follow us for more announcements as they happen:
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/mornpenartsandculture
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ourartsandculture
Protecting the Green Wedge, one of Victoria’s most important assets, is always front of mind. We’ve introduced a Green Wedge Management Plan, as well as strategies and actions to protect our environment for the long term.
Back in 2019 we delivered a Green Wedge exhibition. This was done as part of Our Arts and Culture Plan 2020-2024, to achieve Goal 1 and specifically to inspire and enrich the community through free, accessible and family friendly events.
To access Our Arts and Culture Plan 2020-2024, please visit our webpage: www.mornpen.vic.gov.au/artsculture